Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sock Obsession

I have been completely obsessed with knitting socks lately ... even more than usual. 

First, these socks are my very first completed pair of toe-up socks.  I am IN LOVE with them.  The yarn is Trekking, and the construction of the pattern is the toe-up gusset sock pattern from the book "Socks from the Toe Up" by Wendy Johnson.  The cuff pattern is Blueberry Waffle.  I love everything about these socks!



My husband picked the yarn for my next pair of socks for the Self Imposed Sock Club, and he chose some Regia striping rainbow yarn.  YAY!  I can't wait to cast on!



Next, these socks I named Green Lollipop socks.  My husband got me the yarn for Christmas 2009, and he loves the color green and loved green lollipops when he was a kid.  The construction of these socks is the generic cuff-down pattern in "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch.  The yarn is Wisdom Yarns.



I have two pairs of socks in progress.  First are for the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry for the May challenge (beaded socks).  I am recycling a $2 purse from Goodwill that had bangles all over it.  They are so crazy, and I know they will be fun to wear.  The construction is a cuff-down tube with an afterthought heel.  This pair is going to be called Bangle Socks.





Lastly, I have an awesome sock out of these wonderfully bright colors.  I am calling them my Candy Corn socks because they sort of remind me of those colors.  The construction is also a cuff-down tube with an afterthought heel.



Summer of Socks starts on June 21 and ends on September 21.  Basically, we try to knit as many socks as possible and show them off.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love your socks! Great knitting, and the next pair of Regia socks are soooo you.

    Tobey

    ReplyDelete