Monday, June 13, 2011

Podcasts - TheKnitGirlls and Round the Twist

I have recently started to listen to and watch various knitting/spinning podcasts, so I thought it would be fun to share with you my opinions (good and bad) about some of them.  I will also post about podcasts I don't enjoy, because Your Mileage Mary Vary. 

I am starting off with my two favorites (they are both tied for first place).  If you know of a knitting/spinning or other podcast that you think I would enjoy, please leave a comment.   ;)

TheKnitGirllls
Podcast Type:  Video
Web  Page:  http://www.theknitgirllls.com
Ravelry Group:  http://www.ravelry.com/groups/the-knit-girllls
Hosts:  Laura and Leslie
My Rating:  5 out of 5 bunny paws
My Watching/Listening Status:  I have downloaded all of the episodes, and I am almost caught up on all of the past episodes.  I stalk them for new episodes.
What I Love:  Everything!  I really love the camaraderie between the girls and how much the love to laugh.  I have learned a lot about various yarns from watching this podcast, and I love the book reviews. 
What I Dislike:  Nothing!  Honestly!
Other Comments:  On their webpage, they have an awesome tutorial for an afterthought heel for socks, and it is the best one I have seen online so far.  I recently asked Laura for a book recommendation (since she is a librarian and an avid reader) and loved the book she recommended.  Laura and Leslie both design their own patterns which can be found on Ravelry.

Round the Twist
Podcast Type:  Video
Web  Page:  http://roundthetwistwithcarin.blogspot.com/
Ravelry Group:  http://www.ravelry.com/groups/round-the-twist
Host:  Carin
My Rating:  5 out of 5 bunny paws
My Watching/Listening Status:  I have downloaded and watched all of the episodes, and I stalk her for new episodes.
What I Love:  I love her cute doggie cameos.  I love how excited she gets about her projects.  And, we have the same spinning wheel!  (SpinOlutions Bee)  She is an avid sock knitter, which we have in common.  She also knits very beautiful shawls.
What I Dislike:  Nothing!  Honestly!
Other Comments:  She recently re-did her craft room, and it has inspired me to re-do mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment