Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer of Socks 2011

It's that time of year again!  Summer of Socks starts tomorrow, June 21, and runs through September 21.  It's all about knitting socks, baby!  The festivities can be found on Ravelry at Summer of Socks 2011.

Speaking of socks, I have finished a couple of pairs recently.  Let's call it the warmup for SOS2011!

This first pair is for my self-imposed sock club (SISC).  This yarn is surprisingly awesome.  It's Debrah Norville's Serenity sock yarn (it's a combination of merino, bamboo, and nylon) in a colorway called Tanzanite.  I did a pair of cuff-down anklets.  Love!



The next pair is from an unknown yarn, but I just love the colors.  I named these Candy Corn.  I did an afterthought heel, which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.


Let the summertime sock knitting begin!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment